All trips are unique and will require something different to be carried in your day bag. However after 60 plus countries around the world these 5 items are always in my day travel bag regardless of where I am traveling. In a prevoius post I wrote about “5 must have items for any flight!” and today let’s consider what you should be carrying with you before you leave your hotel for any adventure.
- Water bottle: I personally drink a lot of water and always have a bottle with me regardless of the situation. I could be traveling around a big city or in the rainforest no exceptions; there I am carrying a water bottle. You could bring your own water filter but I always take a flat packable water bottle to refill.
- Note pad & pen: This has been extremely helpful in international travel to write down the name and address of the destination we are going to as my pronunciation may not always be perfect. Just grab the one from your hotel room before you head out for the day.
- Headache & Pain Relief Tablets: There is nothing worse than being on a vacation that you have waited months for and not feeling well! I always carry 2-6 tablets with me in a teeny tiny plastic bag in case I get a headache, tummy ache or etc.
- Baby wipes: Not just for babies anymore. These really should be called “magic wipes” as they resolve so many travel needs from washing your hands, toilet paper substitute, getting dirt off clothes and cleaning leather shoes.
- Collapsible shopping bag: This is critical. You may have absolutely no intentions of buying anything while you are out for the day. Yet somehow you end up unexpectedly at a local market or artisans fair. In many countries you have to purchase a bag to take your purchases home; so bring your own! I personally have been utilizing the same set of Envirosax bags for daily shopping for over 7 years now and they are still in great condition.
Seek your adventure!