Anyone who has ever gone to dinner or shopping with me knows that I purchase everything on a credit card.
I want the points! I am obsessed with earning points so that I can travel for free. The travel industry reports that over 75% of all airline points are NOT earned from “butt in seat” flights.
Last year was my best airline points redemptions ever, which was on my Micronesia Island Hopper trip with all flights in BUSINESS CLASS from Chicago – Honolulu – Kauai – back to Honolulu – Micronesia Island Hopper UA154 – Guam – Palau – Seoul – Tokyo – Chicago. I paid under $100 in taxes; yes you read that correctly.
The magic my friends is all in the credit cards. Now we could literally spend months talking through all the intricate details of how to earn points and the best way to spend points. However there are several amazing blogs dedicated to these topics so I would suggest visiting some of them. I have attended conference to hear these bloggers speak and they all have incredible travel tales.
I want to share with you my favorite credit card for earning points currently is Chase Sapphire.
Chase Sapphire benefits:
- Earn 2X points on dining at restaurants from fast food to fine dining*
- Earn 2X points on all travel from airfare and hotels to taxis and trains*
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases*
- 1 to 1 points transfer to the following airlines British Airways Executive Club, Flying Blue AIR FRANCE KLM, Korean Air SKYPASS, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, United MileagePlus®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 1 to 1 points transfer to the following hotels: Hyatt Gold Passport®, IHG® Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®.
Check out these great blogs:
Seek your adventure!