Many of us will be taking to the roads this holiday season and while most of my focus is on flights or trains here are a few reminders.
- Be sure to stay hydrated and always bring a bottle of water.
- Take a break every few hours just to get out of the car and walk around for 5 minutes.
- Check the weather and plan accordingly. Don’t be afraid to pull over for wait out a storm and take a coffee break.
- Pack a blanket and matches in your trunk. In the event you end up stranded in the car on a cold winter night you will be glad you have it.
- Never text and drive. It can wait.
As my parents tell me every time I prepare for a road trip “Just remember greasy side down and shiny side up” . Safe travels to you and yours this holiday season.
Seek your adventure!